Keith Olbermann’s ‘Network’ moment

Keith Olbermann

Peter Finch's Mad as Hell moment!

This evening Keith Olbermann and MSNBC parted ways leaving viewers and the Media clucking their tongues and wondering what exactly happened here.  Since his suspension in November on ethical issues, there has been no love lost between network management and Olbermann. Still, the departure tonight was certainly speedy and without an explanation.  I have included a link to the goodbye, it is an interesting summation of a controversial cable host’s eight year tenure–sadly he did not channel Howard Beale at the end.

5 Responses to “Keith Olbermann’s ‘Network’ moment”

1. I wonder if this had anything to do with Comcast’s acquisition of NBC. I wonder.

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by CUNYAcademicCommons, CUNYAcademicCommons. CUNYAcademicCommons said: New post from Rob Laurich about Keith Olberman's speedy and unexplained departure from #MSNBC http://bit.ly/fr177c […]

3. The timing certainly is interesting, however I believe the political donation controversy sealed his fate back in November. Both parties never felt happy with the results. The Comcast acquisition does raise the question if there will be a shift in MSNBC’s political slant. I look forward to the coverage of this on Morning Joe Monday morning.

4. 31. I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

5. Thank you for your comments Ethyl. Your point is well taken concerning the blogs length. I tend to lay the ‘seeds’ of an idea, without expanding the prose. I will work on that. Cheers. r

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message